I help businesses solve problems by designing and building websites and apps that are functional, beautiful, and easy to use.
What I Can Do For You
I’m a product generalist who can work as a product team of one or by plugging in to your existing team.
There are certain types of projects that I’m particulary adept at:
- Front-end refactoring. Let’s take your existing HTML, CSS, and JS and make it more scalable, manageable, and maintainable. Leaner code is better code.
- Rapid prototyping. Let’s take your idea from lightbulb-over-head to working prototype so you can validate it with real users. I can turn your static mockups, wireframes, or napkin sketches into production-ready HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Full website builds. I can build your website from start to finish using WordPress, Jekyll, or your platform of choice.
- Creating design systems and style guides. Let’s define and codify your design guidelines into something that your whole team can use with speed and consistency.
- Adding a coat of paint to an existing Rails, React, or Swift codebase. I can jump into an existing Rails, React, or Swift project to add design and front-end code.
Great user experience can be your competitive advantage. I can help you make your ideas tangible as developer-ready mockups, wireframes, or motion prototypes. Want something that your developers can use out-of-the-box? I can create a design system with markup and styles that your developers can plug right into.
Websites, Start to Finish
I have years of experience building websites from scratch, using both content management systems like WordPress or as standalone static websites. I can build your landing page, microsite, or full website using your platform of choice. I can also help you decide the platform that’s best for you.
Examples of How I Can Help
Some examples of things I can do for you:
- Building a custom B2B website that helps potential customers find you, do their due diligence, and sign on the dotted line.
- Designing a consumer-facing mobile app to get your brand in the hands of customers.
- Refactoring your existing HTML + CSS to make it more scalable, manageable, and maintainable.
- Creating a design system + style guide to make it easier for future designers and developers to work quickly and consistently
- Plugging into your existing team as an adjunct designer or engineer to build a new product or feature.
Why Trust Me?
I have 10 years of experience as a designer and full-stack developer, and have worked with a wide variety of companies and clients. I’ve worked as a freelancer, in an agency, and at two startups; I’ve done projects for everyone from indie filmmakers to the Fortune 100.
I’ve worked on both B2B and consumer-facing apps. I’ve built internal tools for corporate events, flown around the country doing UX research, and designed websites that have gotten millions of pageviews in a month.
Here’s something nice that was said about me by Dave Martin, principal designer at Automattic (the people who make WordPress):
@jordankoschei is one of those rare people who have mastered product design + visual design + mobile design + engineering. Truly a jack-of-all-trades! I'm thrilled to share his story: https://t.co/uQSSPTea3F 💖🙌 pic.twitter.com/eC2G3hVIX6— Dave Martin (@itsdavemartin) March 8, 2019
I accept limited consulting work, based on interest and availability. If you have a project that I might be able to help with, I’d love to hear from you!
Ready to discuss a possible collaboration, commitment-free? Reach out on my contact page.